Sunday 17 March 2013

Interrupt Handling Methods

  • Multiple Interrupt Lines: The simplest technique is to use a large number of interrupt lines (Multiple Interrupt Lines) between the CPU module and I / O.
  • Software Poll: The process, if the CPU is aware of an interrupt, the CPU will go to service interruption, perform functions poll the entire I / O module to determine the module interrupt, The disadvantage is the need of time because they have to identify all the modules to determine the I / O module that implements interrupt.
 


  • Daisy Chain: A daisy chain more efficient, which uses hardware poll. The entire I / O module is connected to CPU interrupt channel chain. If there is an interrupt request, the CPU will run acknowledge signals running on the interrupt line to find the I / O module that sends an interrupt. 
  • Bus arbitration: In this method, first, the module I / O gain control of the bus before the module uses an interrupt request channel. Thus there is only an I / O module can interrupt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment